Se7en’s September…

September 16th, 2010 · 12 Comments

I know I haven’t posted a calendar post for ever… but I am planning to put them out month by month… and here is September packed with goodies. I know first if the month and all that… but there are plenty of links here to feast your appetites on!!! DSC_0621

If you are looking for other calendars of note then here they are:

KinderArt’s Calendar

Enchanted Learning

Teacher Vision

That’s Us – Have a Great Month!!!

Tags: Celebrity Calendar

• 1 Cheryl // Sep 16, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Oh boy! I can’t believe I missed International Chocolate Day. Love the list.

• 2 se7en // Sep 16, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Hi Cheryl – I know I know!!! I keep not posting because it isn’t the first of the month!!! Sorry you missed an important day like Chocolate day!!! Of all the days to miss!!! Lots of love, hope you guys have a fun weekend!!!

• 3 joyfulmama // Sep 17, 2010 at 7:45 am

Hiya Se7en! Glad to hear you are all better…now it is our turn to be sick! LOVE this list, heaps of thanks for sharing. I have a question about the books you picture between each date. I recognise them from my Sonlights catalogue. Are these all the books you read this month or how does it work? If you guys are maybe making the trek up to the northern suburbs for the Home School Expo this weekend, please come say hi – I am exhibiting my toys!

• 4 se7en // Sep 17, 2010 at 8:44 am

Hi Joyfulmama… So sorry you guys are not well… at least it is cozy weather in Cape Town right now. Those are indeed Sonlight catalogue books in the post that we have read and loved or will read shortly. And I am sorry to say that we never go to Homeschool events… it’s my mad anti-establishment personality!!! Actually I have a terrible time trying to shake off dozens of very friendly homeschool moms who want my poor kids to attend every homeschool activity, when they would rather be running on the beach!!! So to the beach I say!!! Hope you guys are feeling much better real soon – have a great weekend!!!

• 5 joyfulmama // Sep 17, 2010 at 10:53 am

*big smile* I suspected it to be so! I am also very wary of all the events for homeschoolers and though we regretably don’t have the beach, we love sticking close to home, too. But hey, we have to afford our first Sonlight order somehow, so let me go and get ready for the expo! Lovely weekend to you guys, too! Lots of love!!

• 6 irene // Sep 17, 2010 at 12:07 pm

wow – that was some September to get through.
    You also forgot to post KatherineMarie’s Pirate week

and for punctuation day, I’ve got a lovely book called: Eats, shoots and leaves. you’re welcome to borrow if you want 🙂

• 7 Lucia // Sep 17, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Wow! Wow! I think it is going to take me several days to go through this amazing September list. Thanks for including the Rosh Hashanah links, headed to check those out first. And how in the world did we miss Roald Dahl Day? We are such huge fans and one of the highlights of trip to England this summer was a trip to the village where he lived and wrote in his little writing hut. Happy to September to you and your family!

• 8 se7en // Sep 17, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Hay Joyfulmama… Good luck with your Sonlight savings!!! I think its the shipping that’s the killer but I tell myself that the shipping is part of the price… and far cheaper than sending five kids to school!!! I also do some marginal Sonlight savings – when people order their books through our website we earn a tiny commission and every little bit does eventually add up!!!! Have a fun weekend!!!

• 9 se7en // Sep 17, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Oh Irene – I totally love Katherine Marie’s Pirate week!!! Thanks for reminding me!!! We have the kids version of Eat Shoots and all the others in the series – aren’t they totally cool!!! Have a fun weekend!!!

• 10 se7en // Sep 17, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Lucia – You have been to Roald Dahl’s writing hut… my kids won’t believe it!!! How exciting is that!!! Lots of love – Have a lovely weekend!!!

• 11 joyfulmama // Sep 19, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Oi! It has just occured to me that this coming Friday is Heritage Day here in the good R of SA. Some also call it National Braai Day…Any ideas for some family friendly ways to celebrate this one?

• 12 se7en // Sep 20, 2010 at 12:43 am

Hi Joyful Mama… It is indeed National Braai Day!!! On Friday, seriously, it is official!!! You are so right this should be in my calendar post!!! And no I can offer no other inspiration at this stage!!! Have a fun week!!!