This time it’s mine!!! Last year to celebrate I shared se7en of my favorite things and this year, as I appear to be getting further and further away from nineteen… and even further away from when this photograph was taken!!!
I thought I would tell you se7en more things I love:
- Tools of the Trade: I have become a blogger and while I used to travel light… a toothbrush and I was good to go!!! In fact, and I have blogged this before, I didn’t even pack to go on honeymoon. I just totally forgot, I was so excited about getting to the wedding that I completely neglected to pack for the honeymoon…Well since I started blogging if never leave home without my camera, just in case I see a photograph and my moleskin, just in case I get a blog idea!!! And if I had to go away well I would have to take my macbook. Not to mention quite a few battery chargers!!!
- Maintenance: Love it!! It doesn’t matter what kind: deleting photographs, weeding the garden, sorting out closets, even mending. Clearing drawers, donating clutter, hacking the hedge, even washing windows… I just love getting things done and seeing the “to do” pile becoming the “so done” list. And cleaning my car is not maintenance, not at all and has never been on any of my to-do lists… but I do love it done!!!
- Leaving gym: In the olden days when I was young, I just loved going to gym and could work out all day. Nowadays, just getting there is an achievement. Even with eight eager voices asking: “Are we going today – to gym, today, today, today?” So I drop them off and drag myself through a number of laps of the pool. And reward myself with a chapter of whatever book I am reading and then I am totally happy to grab my kids and head home!!!
- Just One Gadget: Now the iphone is not a gadget it is the swiss army knife of the internet. I wouldn’t step out the front door without mine. That might be because I have a propensity to lock my keys in the house… and a phone is very handy for phoning friends to pass us a snack through the gate before the father person gets home. I absolutely hate telephones, but hood #2 invented the iphone when he was about two and constructed endless tiny lego gadgets that could do anything – and I always wanted one!!! Now that I finally have one I love it… for listening to podcasts, for endless audiobooks, for reading my kindle books, for collecting Dr. Seuss Apps, for entertaining little hoods when I need them to keep quiet!!!
- Blogging: Did I mention I love and adore blogging!!! I love answering folks questions, I love reading other blogs and commenting around the world… I spend at least as much time commenting as I do writing my own blog!!! I could be more efficient, but why!!! Some people watch TV, I visit blogs, it is my idea of fun!!!
- Hanging with my kids: I simply love doing stuff with my kids, anything… but especially outings. I love taking my kids out for ice-creams, hot chocolate, book browsing, ambling, beach combing. I gasp as I realize how quickly this is all passing!!!
- Learning: The best thing about homeschooling is you get to learn so much and have such fun!!! I never learnt such great hostry when I was at school and certainly never made a timeline!!! We certainly never got to learn about Great Artists and we certainly never got to paint – everyday!!
And the Se7en + 1th thing:
- Crayola, Post-it Notes and Real Italian Ice-Cream, Good Coffee… My nine favorite people: Some things never change I will love them forever!!!
That’s me!!! So tell me some of your favorite things!!!