This weeks art project was short and sweet. We did a whole lot of arting and even more scientific fun!!! But we only managed to finish these:
And here is a super quick and easy project for all age kids to do:
- We used quick thick craft paper… that would absorb the water easily. We cut it into strips and rolled it over a pencil. And pinned it in place with a paper clip.
- We dabbed some dots and made some patterns on the paper using markers.
- We put a little bit of water into some cups and hung our paper strips into them. The paper was just touching the water.
- The water creeps up the paper and as it does some of the dyes from the marker creeps up with it!!! Some of the colors travel at different speeds and you get a whole lot of lovely unpredictable patterns.
- We left them to dry completely.
- We set about with fine liners to add rockets to the colorful wooshes, whales to the swirling sea, dragons to the fiery breathe and fireworks to the sparkles.
- We stuck them onto card.
That’s it… short and sweet. Quick, Curious, Creeping Bookmarks. Have a fun week!!!