Se7en Picasso Portraits…

March 12th, 2011 · 16 Comments

When I heard Lilla A was calling for Self-Portraits I knew it was time for us to do a little Art-Appreciation… and some exploring in the world of Picasso…

lilla-a self portrait

Let’s begin with some fabulous links:

So I gave everyone a paper plate and left them to it… And believe it or not eight kids all came up with eight completely different techniques and eight very different portraits…
Hood #1: The king of junk art got all the recycling out to assess his options.

Hood #2: Decided that paper mache was the way to go.

Hood #3: Wanted to cut and paste and needed really shiny paper.

Hood #4: Wanted to make a paper collage.

Hood #5: Wanted to make some shiny bits to shine through in the sunlight.

Hood #6: Is all about the snipping…

Hood #7: Painting is life!!!

Hood #8: Once he got over the horror of drawing on a plate… he is a very organized fellow and drawing is for paper!!!

And here you go:

The Gallery

That’s us!!! Hope you all have a fun weekend!!! And thanks Lilla A for another great project!!!

Tags: People/Puppet Crafts · Tuesday Art Task

• 1 Cheryl // Mar 12, 2011 at 2:17 am

Just had to say that they are all wonderful. What talented children you have!

• 2 Kimberly // Mar 12, 2011 at 4:00 am

I love love love this idea! We will have to do this next week while we’re at the grandparents!

• 3 se7en // Mar 12, 2011 at 9:33 am

Hay Cheryl… Thanks!!! They had such fun!!! I love seeing all the individuals popping out!!! Have a fun weekend!!!

• 4 se7en // Mar 12, 2011 at 9:48 am

Hi Kimberly… It was a lot of fun… just letting everyone do there own thing!!! Paper plates have never created quite so much chaos before!!! Hope you have a great weekend and visit with grandparents next week!!!

• 5 anenthusiast // Mar 12, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Wow- I just discovered your blog last week and am completely hooked. You seem to be nurturing some wonderfully creative young people there- love it! So glad I found you.

• 6 Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree // Mar 13, 2011 at 1:57 am

Hey! My daughter and I did a portrait too! These portraits are great! I love Lilla A and her exhibitions!

• 7 KM // Mar 13, 2011 at 2:44 am

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! WOW!!! WOW!!! Tell the kiddos how I’m in AWE of their creativity!!!! I love hood #1s idea for incorperating JUNK ART into his project— you know how much I love ‘found art’! Thanks for posting your WONDERFUL-ness!!! xoxoxoxo

• 8 se7en // Mar 13, 2011 at 7:39 am

Hay Melissa, Isn’t Lilla A the best!!! I just love her carnivals!!! Have a fun arty week!!!

• 9 se7en // Mar 13, 2011 at 7:41 am

Hay KM, Your Enthusiasm just fills me with joy!!! I hope you guys have a great week… I loved your touchy, feely, explory boxes this week – loved them!!!

• 10 Julie K in Taiwan // Mar 14, 2011 at 2:16 am

I really love how each portrait represents each artist in their own special way. Well done!

• 11 jacki // Mar 14, 2011 at 7:22 am

Loved them all!

• 12 se7en // Mar 14, 2011 at 10:41 am

Hay JulieK Always great to hear from you!!! Thanks for loving my kids art!!! Hope you have a great week!!!

• 13 se7en // Mar 14, 2011 at 10:52 am

Hay you – It was great fun… if not a wee bit of a mess!!! Hope you have a fun day!!!

• 14 creativejewishmom/sara // Mar 18, 2011 at 12:01 am

wonderful and inspiring as always! thanks so much for being such an important part of Craft schooling Sunday!

• 15 se7en // Mar 18, 2011 at 2:04 am

Hi Sara!!! Thank you for Craft Schooling Sunday!!! I just love it!!!

• 16 Se7en + 1 are Virtually Visiting Museums... - se7en // Nov 20, 2013 at 6:14 pm

[…] Picasso or Picasso Potraits. […]