So I have been working on a post for about three weeks now and every night I say tonight is the night to finish it and yet it just keeps on at me!!! So I am posting a Brilliant Book Bonanza for you next week wether it is finished or not. Trust me on this if it isn’t finished I am hitting publish and throwing it to the wolves… Meanwhile we have a had a mad week of crafting – everyone is getting their last project in before they are back in school next week. Our house is filled with scraps of fabric, paper mache, glue everywhere, little pots of paints everywhere else a veritable craft frenzy, if I say so myself!!!
Anyway here is a craft that is done and good to go… Since we are starting school next week everyone wanted to make bookmarks for the impending mountains of reading we will be doing. So a couple of kites and flowers in Se7n Steps:
- We started with a pile of scraps – the very best place to start.
- We cut them into four equal squares.
- We stuck the squares onto some craft paper – never mind the color, really it doesn’t matter if it is pink or not (!!!), you won’t see the paper afterwards. And never mind the amount of glue – it will eventually dry!!!
- And waited for them to dry.
- More cutting, this time into kite shapes, and the girls decided to make flowers.
- The flowers had buttons popped onto them.
- Then we laid out a piece of string and used triangle snippings folded over with a dab of glue to make the kite tails or flower stems.
- Put a blob of craft glue on the backs and left the string in it to dry…
And the se7en + 1th step:
That’s it, quick and easy kites!!!
A Field of Fun…
Hope you have a great weekend!!!