Se7en Has Another Birthday…

September 22nd, 2011 · 28 Comments

Today was World Peace Day… and we made ourselves some pinwheels. It was windy enough for pinwheels and just too windy for a walk on the beach.

Told you it was the season for birthdays… And today was mine. To be honest I would quite like the day over… it was too windy for a walk on the beach and somehow a birthday isn’t a birthday without one. As soon as it isn’t a windy day I intend to catch up and march my kids down to the shore for some whale spotting!!! Moving on, tradition has it that I tell you se7en + 1 things that I am loving, thinking, whatever… random things on my mind. So here they are:

1. This year I promised myself I would get tweeting. Not one to to rush into anything, it took until August to send my first tweet but finally we are tweeting and you can follow the ins and outs our day over there.
  2. And then there is Pinterest… I just love it, my relaxation at the end of the day… look for bits of eye candy and stick it into my virtual scrap book… Just love it!!!
  3. DSC_0881

4. I say “cheeky monkeys” almost every time I point my camera at my kids – a lot!!! They say it right back… and I love a fine coffee and chocolate coated toffees. Right now my favorite chocolate that is heavenly: Lindt chocolate of the Salty kind – hmmmmm very good!!!
  5. Moleskins… Love them in all shapes and forms: blank, diaries, travel and all of them. So much so that I just signed up for The Sketchbook 2012 Project.
  6. DSC_0323

7. I found the perfect birthday cake for me, over on Ohdeedoh: It captures my love for Crayola with cake… I could live with that…
  8. Just love this time of year when our garden comes into its own – We had our first green salad of the season, fresh from the garden, for dinner this evening!!!
  9. I enjoy a good weekend outing and if our car wasn’t still redundant in the driveway then I would make full use of this great deal for Cape Townians: Free entrance to all The IZIKO Museums JUST this week!!!
  10. And the se7en + 1th thing…

11. Our kids, love hanging out with them playing games and arting and reading… the list goes on, the time is so short. I know I will blink and they will be off and into the big wide world… I am going to make the most of this season in my life!!!

And since this is the day that I tell you something about me – One of the most often asked questions I get is what do I look like. Apparently the occasional photograph, that sneaks by is not enough and this photograph just doesn’t do it for you!!! It is my all time favorite!!!

birth story007

But this year I have been making the effort to have my photo taken – I actually do want my kids to have something to remember me by… but that’s a whole post of its own… Here you go… the writer behind the blog.

That’s it, another birthday post done!!! There are more to come next week!!!

Tags: Home Truths · Our Events

• 1 Mamalion // Sep 22, 2011 at 4:41 am

Happiest of birthdays! I really enjoy reading your blog. You are so much more adventurous than I am with the cooking and arting. I need to give my minions more freedom in the kitchen…

• 2 se7en // Sep 22, 2011 at 9:12 am

Thanks Mamalion… Hope you are having a fabulous day!!! I may not be more adventurous… just more worn down!!! Please mam, please mam, please mam!!! Sigh!!! Hope you have a great day!!!

• 3 Carmen // Sep 22, 2011 at 9:59 am

Happy, happy birthday!!! What a beautiful day to born!!! I’m so glad to see the writer behind this amazing blog. Lots of good wishes from Spain!!

• 4 Kerry // Sep 22, 2011 at 10:09 am

Whoop! Whoop! Happy Birthday to you!! Love the pic :)) your MasterChef is your double!!

Hope you had an awesome day, and I’m so glad you’re on Twitter/Pinterest – you pick out some cool stuff.
    Kerry x
    Kerry´s last blog post ..Winning Wednesday – Giveaways!

• 5 se7en // Sep 22, 2011 at 10:14 am

Thanks Carmen!!! For all the good wishes… Hope you have a brilliant day too!!!

• 6 se7en // Sep 22, 2011 at 10:15 am

Ha Kerry!!! I have a double!!! So glad you liked the Crayola cake – totally cool!!! Have a great week!!!

• 7 Sarah // Sep 22, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Happy birthday!
    I do hope the weather clears up. Whale spotting sounds so exciting.

• 8 se7en // Sep 22, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Thank you Sarah… I can tell Spring is trying to break free… but really it just isn’t getting there yet!!! Hope you have a fabulous day!!!

• 9 Molly // Sep 22, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Happy birthday super-Mama! Love your blog and knowing that I live in the same city as you and your creative family.
    Well done!
    Hope you’ve had a lovely day, and a great birthday weekend to look forward to – why stop now?!
    Molly´s last blog post ..whose hair is it anyway?

• 10 se7en // Sep 22, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Hi Molly, Thank you so much, I like the idea of a birthday weekend… I think I am going to put that one in my pocket and keep it!!! Hope you are enjoying the spring weather we are having!!! Have a great day!!!

• 11 jacki // Sep 23, 2011 at 4:59 am

Happy birthday dear se7en. Blessings and blessings! Love the photo of little you; and birthday you – makes me homesick!!
    Incredible cake; only yours would have to say 19 on the front I guess.
    Thanks for sharing your birthday with us, I loved it.
    From one moleskin lover to another ….!
    jacki´s last blog post ..porridge …

• 12 April O. // Sep 23, 2011 at 5:45 am

Lovely photo of you! Good for you to get yourself into the album more often. Your children will cherish that decision.

Happy, Happy Birthday to you!

• 13 se7en // Sep 23, 2011 at 9:22 am

Hay Jacki… Moleskin lover… another year, another nineteen!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes… wish we could visit for a day!!! Lots of lekker love to you all!!!

• 14 se7en // Sep 23, 2011 at 9:24 am

Hay April O. Thanks for the birthday wishes… and you are right… they do need to see that I was actually around!!! Hope you have a fun weekend!!! With lots of love…

• 15 Marcia (123 blog) // Sep 23, 2011 at 10:10 am

Happy belated birthday for yesterday! Can I send you a little something?

Love your links, esp your Pinterest!
    Marcia (123 blog)´s last blog post ..Potty training 1 – my thoughts and where we’re at

• 16 maya // Sep 23, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Birthday blessings to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    maya´s last blog post ..flying

• 17 Melanie Grant // Sep 23, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Happy birthday, I sometimes feel so privileged to be part of your life, if only through your blog posts. Pray that God will bless you richly and continue to use you in an amazing and effective way!
    Melanie Grant´s last blog post ..Mother Matters: Join the Discussion ( the correct link my apologies)

• 18 se7en // Sep 23, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Hay Marcia… Thanks for the birthday wishes… and now you know what I look like!!! So glad you found our Pinterest!!! What a fun spot!!! Hope you have a great weekend with your funny little kids and I hope the vaseline is packed way way way up high!!!

• 19 se7en // Sep 23, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Hay Maya Made, Thank you so much for stopping by!!! And thanks for the birthday wishes… Hope your weekend is brilliant!!!

• 20 se7en // Sep 23, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Hi Mel, Thank you so much… What a lovely thing to say. I am so privileged to have readers that care so much!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your cute kids!!!

• 21 Lillian // Sep 23, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Hey, Happy Birthday, a bit late. My birthday is the end of October. I love to stretch it almost until Thanksgiving, in late November! Maybe I’m worse than my kids. I hope your day was lovely. I think your little Chef and Hood #3 both look a lot like Mama. Have a great weekend! Lillian, who’s happy it’s the first day of fall here. We’re ready for cooler weather.

• 22 Daniela // Sep 23, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Happy birthday!
    Hope you had a wonderful day.
    Lovely photo – it’s so nice to see the mama for a change :).
    Enjoy your weekend!

• 23 Annabel Candy, Get In the Hot Spot // Sep 24, 2011 at 2:01 am

Happy birthday! Loved seeing the pic of the mysterious se7en;) I just joined pinterest too but haven’t actually used it yet. I’m a slow adopter! But I love Twitter and it’s great to see you there too now! x Annabel
    Annabel Candy, Get In the Hot Spot´s last blog post ..7 Best Places for a Dream Trip in Australia

• 24 se7en // Sep 24, 2011 at 2:07 am

Hay Lilian, Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! Hope you get that Fall… we are desperate for Spring!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

• 25 se7en // Sep 24, 2011 at 2:08 am

Thanks Daniela – Thanks for the birthday wishes – hope you have a fabulous weekend as well!!!

• 26 se7en // Sep 24, 2011 at 2:14 am

Hay Annabel Candy… Thank you so much for stopping by!!!! I so know about slow to adopt!!! It took me months to get twittering after signing up…I eventually just fell into it and now I love it!!! And Pinterest same story… I had an “account” for months before I pinned anything. But I did lots of lurking first… and seeing what other folk were pinning… what got me going was seeing all the traffic I was getting from Pinterest – I had to see what it was a about!!! Hope you have a restful weekend with lots of fun!!!

• 27 Karen M // Sep 24, 2011 at 2:39 am

Happy belated Birthday to beautiful you!!!! I hope the celebration lasts the whole weekend and you get your walk on the beach.
    Karen
    Karen M´s last blog post ..From your Child

• 28 Se7en Shares a Birthday with Where's Wally… Really!!! - se7en // Sep 22, 2012 at 3:02 pm

[...] tradition has it that on this day each year I share se7en + 1 things about me… things that I love… things that you might not already [...]