Let’s start with our favorite fun links from around the web this week, and finally move on to the dreaded garage…
- Something to do: Eat for the Earth on World Environment Day…
- Something to Make: Suppose you are in a part of the world where it is actual summer, firstly LUCKY you and secondly take a look at this wonderful collection of fifty crafts on TotallyLoveIt!!! And so thrilled to be included in the list!!!
- Something to Eat: Kids in the Kitchen Collection on Food Your Way.
- Something to Dream: I am totally loving the “We are going on Vacation” Series on BloesomKids.
- Something to Follow: This is the week to watch the Problogger and his team of winning bloggers as they head off to Queensland.
- Something to Grow: Love this collection of all things green and growing on Apartment Therapy this weekend!!!
- Something to Salute: Everything you need to know about the Royal Barge and today’s Jubilee Pageantry!!!
- This week was the week to finish up in the garage… and as usual as with most projects around the house all I really needed was to take the first step!!! It really took a couple of hours each weekend and the job was done… here’s before:
There you go… it is done!!!
We have a wall with lots of potential projects for our kids that we could never ever get to… As long as we can keep things in the correct boxes and work our way through the projects shelf by shelf… then there is a lot of fun to be had in the garage now – a place that we just couldn’t get into a month ago!!!
The surface that I didn’t want to become a drop zone… well I popped “the father person’s” bike onto it before hooking it up on the wall and no one put anything else on the sacred surface!!! So maybe I will just leave it there and then there will be a place to do the potential projects!!!
But otherwise helmets are hooked up and garden tools are corralled,… and beach toys are at the ready!!!
The only galactic fail is the obvious lack of a bicycle rack… of any kind… hello kids, I know you are reading this!!! Arm yourself with hammers your time is now!!!
We have a real live plan on how to make racks, from ancient pelmets, which have been lurking in our garage since we moved in. We were a plank short, but given a couple of days and letting my young folk loose with some hammers and nails, we should have a bike rack within the week!!! Exciting times…
And the se7en + 1th Thing…
- Get the garden straight: Our garden is in a bit of a state… let’s just say we need a serious garden attack… we’ve plotted, we’ve planned and we’ve done just about not a whole lot!!! We love gardening and we love messing about for hours out there… but we need a galactic clean-up after the summer. That being said… one big clean up and maintenance plan and we could be on the road to garden recovery!!!
- Get the recipe cookbook back in order:
My recipe notebook that I have had forever is in a severe state of disrepair… hence the pitifully few recipes getting published over here… I have a lovely notebook all ready to begin, had it since last year in fact! Maybe I should take the first step and start popping a recipe or two in there everyday – a month from now I could have a veritable book… good to go!!!
I do declare I liked getting something done – a job bigger than a weekend and yet achievable in a month… So I think maybe we should start another project:
So there you go: The garage is done… should we tackle the garden or the cook book? Garden… Cook Book? Garden/Cook Book?!!! Leave a comment – may the best project win!!!