Wow! A Mad crazy weekend with lots of friends and fun things on the go and here it is Sunday night and not a blog post in sight… So let’s catch up:
I thought for our Saturday Spot we could look at our “Land of Beauty and Splendor” and choose Se7en Places we would love to visit in South Africa. I am sure there are many of you who would love to join in. So if there is a place in South Africa that you would love to visit go ahead and add it in the comments.
Now no photographs I am afraid, since this is our wish list of places we would like to see. We haven’t actually been there yet! Well one or two of the places I have been to long before we ever had kids and certainly before the era of digital cameras.
So here we go, Se7en Destinations we would love to visit:
- Cape Point Accommodation: Now this is not just Cape Point, this is staying in a beautiful house on the beach at Cape Point… one maybe two nights would be enough, to satisfy my soul. Go ahead look at the brochure and swoon!!!
- The Strandloper Restaurant: This is South African Life at its best!!! and I have been wanting to go here about forever!!! A restaurant with a difference, it is right on the beach and you spend an entire aftertoon wandering through their menu eating mountains of seafood that has been cooked in true South African style on a braai, which is an open fire for those of you that are not local. Click through and look at the menu, you know you must!!!
- Knysna and the Outenique Choo Choo train: Now the father person and I went to Knysna on honeymoon, this is where we stayed, it was wonderful. One day we caught this train from Knysna through to George – and I think the father person got an inkling of some of my madness. In the days before digital cameras I had used up an entire spool of 36 pictures before we even left the station… And I didn’t let up… click, click, click the entire way – it was brilliant and I know my kids would love it.
- The Cango Caves: I went here as a child and remember being totally in awe of these huge and spectacular caves, not to mention that there is so much to see in Oudsthoorn, who wouldn’t want to visit there.
- The Cederberg Mountain Range: is a mountain range up the west coast from Cape Town. It is a range of beautiful wild mountains with brilliant hikes and amazing rock formations. Stunning rivers and one of those places you can go and completely forget the world. We went on holidays to the Cederberg when I was a kid and enjoyed heaps of hiking and rock climbing and I would love our kids to go and explore here.
- Addo Elephant Park: Contrary to popular belief we do not have wild animals roaming the streets of our country, in fact the only way you are going to see wild animals here is to visit a Game Park. I would love to visit these elephants and see them in real life.
- The Kruger National Park: As I said if you want to see wild animals in Africa then you have to go to a Game Park and why not aim high and say we would like to go and visit this one. The idea of a night drive and watching all those nocturnal beasts come to life is thrilling. Not to mention watching warthogs running around with their tails in the air like ariels!!!
So that’s our wish list – go ahead and tell us where you would like to visit.