- Let’s begin by saying I am totally loving every single thing on Handmade Charlotte.
- Would you look at this Chalkboard book over on Whip Up… pure genius!!!
- Fun with Alligators on Katherine Marie, you have to love her craftiness!!!
- I was so excited to discover that our blog is a “Top Unschooling Blog.” Go and have a look at the list it is packed with heaps of my favorite favorites!!!
- You have to read the Design Mom’s Work Life Balance Project – Part 1 and Part 2… Just packed with mothering wisdom that she could only have learnt from the trenches!!!
- Would you look at all these cool Pioneer Crafts on the Crafty Crow… you are so going to love this!!!
- Not just Cute and Wrote about letting children be just that – I am all for it!!! Let the Children Play!!!
- This week on Org Junkie’s 52 Weeks we are at Week 36: Finding a System that Works.
- We have four bags and each bag takes twenty books.
- If there are more or less than twenty you can see at a glance – twenty books are manageable.
- So four kids go to the counter with twenty books each.
- Then twenty books into each bag and twenty books go straight home.
- All the books go onto the family library shelf and everyone may take one book at a time.
- At the end of the week four kids put twenty books back in each bag and off we go the library to return them.
- See – a system and it works.
And the se7en+1th Thing: If you feel like organizing!!!
Well last week I mentioned that we had a major impromptu clean-out in the desperate search for a missing library book. We searched we emptied, we tossed, we sorted… even my absolute worst cupboard… the ball cupboard was tossed in the quest to find the library books.
It has been quite a week I tell you… Cupboards have gone from zero to hero overnight, projects that I thought would take weeks to get done… are now done.
But we have a system – we do – a system for library books:
Until we lose a library book. How in the world could we lose a library book? Honestly our home is better for the loss, and we can’t lose a library book, really, because we have a system!!! Finally, in despair, I decided to return all the books to their bags, ready for a return trip to the library. The stress of losing a book just about killed me… And then we found it!!! One book never made it out of the bags… My house is straightened in every corner and our library book system does work. And the book is found!!!
That’s us!!! Have a great week!!!