It was Back-to-School week in Cape Town this past week and I am sure a number of parents are reeling from the shock of having to get up early and back into the routine of classes and extra-murals and so on… Well to lighten the load I promised a weekend of GiveAways… great GiveAways… products that we have reviewed and loved and others that we have loved so much that we are just sharing them with our readers. All the items that we are giving away we have tried and tested and they are products that we will be adding to and using in our school this year…
Let’s begin… with SuperNova the magazine for curious kids… a bi-monthly magazine aimed at tweens and teens… all I can say is a mighty: At Last… It is very hard to find a locally grown magazine for kids, especially one that is fabulous!!! I love that expectations are high and articles are anything but flimsy. Green living is cool, being safe is cool, reading about arts and science, history and ecology is cool… lots of great positive lessons between the covers.
- A great vibe: A really big “Learning is Fun” ethos, vibrant and packed with funky artwork. Clearly thinking kids are cool.
- HomeGrown: Love the “Made in RSA” stamp on the cover. It is so good to find a local magazine that South African kids can read and relate to and enjoy, though by no means only South African kids!!!
- Heaps of Features: Lots of snippets to read, lots of activities and quick reads.
- The Almanac Page: Of course we love this page… interesting days and events.
- A Page of weird and wonderful, awesome and incredible facts… and they mean incredible!!!
- Chat Room: A Discussion article about issues facing tweens and teens…
- Run Through: A page of reviews – movies, books (that we have read and know are good), music…
- The Nova Red List Article: Is an Environmental article, like Climate Change.
- Lots of Eco Articles… Reduce; Re-Use and Recycle.
- Science Articles: An article on SuperSonic Cars… and how to make your own. All about the Ice-Caps and penguin origami.
- A Tour of the Universe: and lots of activities to try and think about while you read.
- Art Article: Finding your way around Modern Art; Cartoons around the world; An article on Ballet…
- Trendy Topics: Like Parkour, something our kids have been mad about forever – even discovered all about Parkour in South Africa.
And the Se7en + 1th Reason…
And we have a copy of this magazine to giveaway…
This GiveAway works in the usual way, comment before the end of Sunday, 27 January and we will draw and publish the winner after that. I won’t respond to your comments as I do on our other posts because I don’t want to be included in our own giveaway.
We would like to thank SuperNova Magazine for sending us two magazines to review and one to GiveAway…
Our GiveAways are open to everyone: If you have won a GiveAway before never fear – enter away. If you live on the far side of the world – enter away. Postage takes forever from here but eventually it should get to you! Good luck and get commenting!!!
We received two copies of the magazine for free from Super Nova, in exchange for an honest review. We were not paid in any way and the opinions expressed were entirely our own.
26 Replies to “A Weekend of GiveAways: SuperNova Magagazine for Curious Kids…”
I think my 8 year old would LOVE this 🙂
My children would love this, please enter me.
I’d love to share this with my fifth grade students
This mag looks amazing. My little and I both want to read it!
This looks awesome
Thanks for this opportunity!
I have never heard of this magazine before, well done for finding it
A magazine just for tweens and teens, YES PLEASE!
Extra bonus if it came all the way from South Africa.
Not heard of this mag, would be keen to take a look. x
these look great!
What an interesting looking magazine! It looks perfect for my kids.
Wow, looks amazing! My son would love it!
I think my son would love this!
Wow, please enter us for this, my children would love it.
Enter me please. My twins would enjoy this.
I’d love to win a copy to give to a friend. My 7yr old daughter subscribes and loves them.
My son would really appreciate this mag. Thank you!
o wow it looks awesome,have to get to those mags.
My kids would love this! Count us in please!!
When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, “Try it one more time.” So, let me give it a try!
This would be perfect for my boys – please enter us!
My 13 year old son would love SuperNova! He’s not an enthusiastic reader generally, but is for science stuff!
Thank you for your fantastic blog which I recently discovered. I’m so excited to start using Sonlight with our sons this year!
Oops, never mind! I thought I was on the home page! This post was a year old… 🙂 I’m inspired to try to find a similar magazine here in the US. Blessings!
Hay Stephanie, Sorry about that, and great to meet you!!! Wishing you all the best on your Sonlight journey!!! Thanks for stopping by…