Last Friday I claimed that Autumn was settling in… I take it all back, June arrived, and so did winter!!! You may never see Cape Town covered in white like this ever… you have to take a peak at last weeks hail storm in the city!!!
If you don’t know about our fabulous new project – never fear, you can join in anytime you like!!!
Let us know if you are playing along… we are really enjoying a daily drawing session!!! We will pop a post up about our drawing project towards the end of next week… and if a couple of you would like to link up then let me know and we will add a link for you!!!
Meanwhile, here are this weeks lovely links…
- The most useful, full of practical post, real life posts I have seen on the web ever: How we Stopped Living (less than Paycheck to Paycheck) by Kara Flack on Simple Mom. Good, practical, helpful… read it!!!
- Okay – I might be a little shy to go into the hardware store and grab paint chips on such a grand scale… but this post on Bellissima Kids makes me think I need to open a new board on Pinterest!!!
- Well possibly our favourite food in the world and around the world is street food… look at this stunning collection of street foods and how to recreate those flavours yourself at home: Goop: Street Food… Yes please
- My friend Zoe at Playing by the book has the most fabulous GiveAway on her site this week!!! Usborne has just bought out the I Spy Craft book again to celebrate their forty year celebrations… I remember that book so very well!!! My parents gave it to my sister – I have no idea why – she was no spy!!! I used to “borrow it” when she wasn’t home and learn all the tricks of the trade!!! I Spy review and GiveAway on Playing by the Book. You can read another fab review of this book on BookBabblers. And then of course todays link on “See Inside Usborne: Secret Messages…”
- Last week I showed you a link to magnetic instagram photographs, StickyGram, – well if that rocked your boat then you have to look at this: An Instagram projector…
- You all know how I love sketchbooks… and traveling… well I spotted The Coolest Travel Journal on Earth… on Lil Blue Boo.
- It is almost time for the winter break in Cape Town schools and one of the most brilliant things about the winter break is that Kirstenbosch Gardens up to school age children, they always have a fantastic Winter Program but right now you should know about: Kirstenbosch photography competition. I will definitely be taking my kids on a wintry photo walk through the gardens!!!
And the se7en + 1th link:
- A Blast From the Past: And here are a couple of links to posts, this week, from previous years:
One last thing: If you are living with a potential artist then here is a World Wide Poster Competition… then I have to tell you about this competition for kids… The UN have been observing World Food Day since 1981 and the theme for this year is: “Sustainable food systems for food security and nutrition.” Sounds quite complicated but really a food system includes all the components in producing food: growing, harvesting, transporting and so on. A sustainable food system is one that works without harming the environment and provides the farmer a fair return and ensures that people have access to nutritious food. So the competition is open to children all over the world to create a poster entitled “HEALTHY FOOD SYSTEMS”… I know my kids would like to join in… in fact I know I would too… if you are keen to create some posters then click on the image below for all the necessary information!!!
And that’s us – hoping you are all having a fun weekend… arting, reading, resting, playing… !!!