And a Week That Was Post… How can it possibly be almost the end of the month already?
Our days appear to be all about the splash right now…
Swimming, swimming and more swimming…
Spot the Hood… he is up there…
And load-shedding, even the lighthouse was out, though I would have thought they functioned off the grid somehow. Surely the light has to keep on burning?
And new neighbours… these folk have arrived on our block…
We blogged about se7en + 1 things we would like to try each week this year… and we are popping our 52 Weeks progress into our Week that Was post… accountability and all that!!!
- Walk of the Week: Just too words for our walk this week: “very, early.”
- Game of the Week: I might have had visions of working through our board game collection, that isn’t happening so much. And while endless games of Sorry are being played on a daily basis… it is Chess that is standing out by miles. Chess tournaments are the rage over here and while some small folk might be reinventing the game others are getting better and better at it.
- My Just Because Book:
- Letter of the Week: Everybody had their letter writing hats on this week… thank you letters were written and “I love you letters” between little friends. And I even managed two letters off the list of letter recipients… This holding yourself to a weekly letter could actually work!!!
- Organizing Project of the Week: This week was all about me, just getting myself sorted. Getting an I.D. book (it has been years since a particular child put mine through the washer), renewing my driver’s license, and even an eye appointment – for myself, not a child!!! Nothing short of miraculous… but sometimes a mother needs to gather her wits about her… and that means getting myself sorted!!!
- Recipe of the Week: And after all that blogging about bread last week… Totally never gave recipes a thought, let alone writing one into our book!!!
- Our View from the Deck: I cannot believe I will keep this up for 365 days… nearly a month, and I am wondering if I can do eleven more of the same!!!
- Our Challenge of the Week: Deserves it’s own post, and it follows this one… It’s a scientific challenge and I am so looking forward to posting it!!!
This was just totally delightful… I have had this on my “must read list” for the longest time and when I spotted it on a friend’s shelf I dived straight in. I think the word is delightful, I loved every second. Written in the format of a number of letters between folk in post war England. Letters speed to and fro over the channel between the Guernsey Islands and London, it is at once intriguing and lovely. As the reader you feel like a fly on the wall, you literally sense the letters dashing onto the page… really really enjoyed this one.
There is a certain person that seems to think that wrapping pipe cleaners around your pencil is a way of getting work done. it might have crossed my mind the “not so much” about the school thing, but those pencils do look pretty funky!!!
And our garden is growing… really growing and we are feasting on the rewards…
We may even get corn out of this!!!
Someone is always up a tree…
My little guys rediscovered this recently and they play and play and play… the most popular toy around here by miles!!!
It is definitely the season of make your own meals…
Artwork of the Week
This teeny tiny witches hat… there might be folk over here just slightly fascinated with all things Winnie the Witch!!!
The Book of the Week
My three youngest are switching and swapping these books around at the library each week and making sure that between them they bring home a stack of Winie the Witch Books. They have passed the “read again and again and again test.”
And a Snapshot in Time
That’s us… Hoping you all have the most fantastic week!!!