Gotta love long weekends, and we hope this Easter weekend will be a good one for all our readers…
So far our weekend has consisted of watching many runners running, reading, napping, friends and feasting – in no particular order.
Lovely Links from This Week
- Easter time and Easter egg posts abound, I loved HandMade Charlotte’s Collection. And then a whole heap more of fun fun eggs at the Crafty Crow.
- If you are looking for some inspiration for kiddable spaces in which to actually do things… look no further than Tinkerlab… Really click on that link it is packed with inspiration.
- The Usborne Mini Astronaut’s Handbook is free to read online…
- We are headed into winter (I didn’t actually say that), and every year I think this is the year we get raincoats and some how we muddle through with out them… But these raincoats on Babyccinokids – Oh I just love them!!!
- Well here’s a post that most bloggers will relate too, on the Plumbette: Open Home.
- 30 High-Impact Ways to Level Up Your Writing… from the Problogger. This is a great post, I wandered through and picked one thing to do and kept it open to pick another one later on… and so on. Lots of do-able goodies in there.
- These letters, at Alisa Burke, are so beautiful I am going to have to give it a try!!!
- A Blast From the Past: I am Keeping this Simple… Easter Posts…
A Blast From the Past – Easter Posts:
And the se7en + 1th link:
We got so close to joining the Penguin Waddle this year… so close. We usually join them on the last day. This year we hoped to join them in the week as well but accommodation for ten and just life makes it impossible… so here it all the info, we will definitely be following along every step of the way…
TIP TOP TIP
Digital Learning: a course for becoming confident with modern online tools. Launching on April 6, a FREE seven-week class. I am repeating this Top Tip… because it is that good… if you have high-schoolers and middle schoolers that you would like to get online but you have no idea where to start… then this is really for you:
I have mentioned before how Tim Chase’s ImpactVirtual.com has had such a profound effect on our kids learning online. Well he has a free course that our oldest three children have done and really is the course that has launched their confidence with all things online. The course gives them the skills to present their work online in a useful way… they will learn in a safe environment and discover how to conduct themselves in an online class. There is a lot of evaluation and they are not left to their own resources by any means, which is probably what sets this “virtual school” apart from most online classes. Our kids had to raise their game significantly, they worked hard and the harder they worked the better they did… and it became a self-fulfilling cycle. I would go so far as to say, this course is a game changer, providing high-school students with the necessary skills they need to acquire, for learning in an online world.
“This one is Impact Virtual Learning’s most popular class–great as a stand-alone for your homeschooling teen or as a prerequisite for the Impact Virtual Learning electives. Digital Learning has received terrific responses from parents and students. You can see some of the reviews at www.facebook.com/impactvirtual
The course features website creation, digital citizenship, and working with embed codes and design tools. You’ll love the teacher feedback, and your homeschooler will love the peer-interaction. Class starts the week of April 6. Follow the link for details and registration.“
And that’s us… hope your weekend is packed with fun and heaps of reading!!!