So we have been away on a house swap, it was crazy busy… because holidays for moms are just that. Crazy. Busy… and did I ever mention eight kids!!! But fun times too… lots of fun times. And laundry, and making meals… and running(!) and hiking and friends and great outdoor adventures. But mostly it just flew past way too fast!!!
- New Technology and Associated Learning Curves: Also at the beginning of the month I got a new computer, argh… I desperately needed one… the slowness was beyond a joke, and it was taking an entire evening just to open and close a few photographs let alone edit them… blogging had become somewhat of a drag!!! Anyway new computers mean new technology to learn and it has been somewhat of a steep learning curve… but everything is working so much better and so much more efficiently that I am actually loving computer time again!!!
- We Have Two Live GiveAways This Month: (and I am just going to whisper… two more next month as well). If you haven’t dashed over and left a comment on our GiveAway posts then dash over now: For Kate Motaung’s A Place to Land follow this link and then… follow this link for our Nelson Mandela Picture Book.
- I’d Rather Be Reading: So I hope you all follow The Modern Mrs Darcy, because she is ALL about books!!! Books, books and more books. It is quite simple, I love her… ebooks, audiobooks, real books and her latest book: I’d Rather be Reading. The ultimate book for lovers of books… everywhere. Anyhow, I am thrilled to be on the review team, of her book about the reading life: @AnneBogel’s new book #IdRatherBeReading. Dash over to the book site to to keep you up-to-date on pre-order bonuses and all sorts of reading fun. Stay tuned to IdRatherBeReading.com
- A Sleep workshop at Sport Science: Honestly I don’t know anybody that doesn’t struggle with sleep, and I do know that the help I have received from Sport Science with respect to sleep have been life changing. I went to their Sleep Workshop on World Sleep Day and learnt so much… I am so looking forward to learning more on Wednesday evening. Their workshops are fantastic, they are open to everyone, very casual and full of really helpful and practical tips that will help you get your sleep back under control. Here’s a link to all the details for this week’s sleep workshop.
- Plastic Free July: We have really been upping our green living game all year, little changes make a big difference and little by little we have been implementing small changes around our home. Of course the Aquarium is pulling out all the environmental stops… head over there to read about their event next week, and can I just mention that if you are an eco-bricking family in Cape Town then you have to take a look at their huge and fantastic #PlasticFreeJuluy competition.
- Movement Guidelines for the Early Years: If you are a childcare provider, practitioner, stakeholder or researcher whose work is in some way connected with 0-5-year-old children, you are being invited to participate in a survey to ask what you think about a draft of the South African 24-hour Movement Guidelines for the Early Years (herein referred to as the Movement Guidelines). Please feel free to forward this survey on to anyone else who has an interest in 0-5-year-old children. If you are interested in joining the survey then click on the link… The survey should take you approximately 15 minutes to complete. This study has been approved by the Human Research Ethics Committee at the University of Cape Town (HREC 342/2018).