February is that time of year when everyone is thinking about hearts and Valentines. Everyone is making millions and bazillions of sweet hearty crafts and I have no qualms about using this opportunity to play a few Bible Games with my kids.
Here come se7en really quick and easy Valentine themed Bible Games:
- A Word Tower: Rewrite John 3:16 and make the word Valentine…
- Hearty Cookies and a Bible Scavenge: Make a pile of fortune cookies, they look like little hearts. Make a list of Bible Verses containing “Love” and use them instead of fortunes. Just use the verse references on the fortunes and let them race to find the verse in their Bibles and read them out.
- Valentine Word Scramble: Kids Sunday School .com has a cute word search using words from 1 Corinthians 13. We used the same words to make word scrambles.
- A Loving Scavenger Hunt: Find yourself some Biblical couples… Adam and Eve; Abraham and Sarah;… write the names on “post it notes” and pop them round the house… see if your kids can find the partners.
- Valentine Tag: 1 Corinthians 14:1 Follow the gift of love… Give one child a ribbon with the word love written on it – that one is it. As soon as the ribbon is caught it is exchanged and the captor becomes it.
- Chopstick Challenge: Remember Love is patient… Well pick out the hearts amongst the other candies… and for the untrained hand this really is not as easy as it looks!!!
- Bible Verse Snap: Print these cute cards from Teacher Help and play any kind of matching game.
And it wouldn’t be right not to have a “7+1 th”…
- An Amazing Maze: I love this printable maze from Cavalry William Sport.com Follow the words to make up Matthew 22:37.
That’s it a couple of Bible Valentine Games, just for fun!!!
Just an up-date on our Read The Bible in 90 Days – A Challenge… we are still in it!!! Quite amazing, we are listening to it (audible) after lunch each day and loving it… So far we have made it through Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth and 1&2 Samuel. We are learning so much and getting so much out of it. It is very exciting, but we still have a long, long way to go!!!
Come back next week for a great kids GiveAway!!!
I popped this post onto the Works For Me Wednesday Site – go and have a look there for all sorts of tips on absolutely anything.