It’s that time of year. Time for really simple, quick recipes, yet they must still be fun! We make fortune cookies for our New Year Party every year. This is what you are aiming for:
Meet the Players:
You need some strips of paper…
You need some puff pastry, and yes I just buy it. I keep a roll of this in my freezer – always.
Let’s Play the Game:
1. I can never think of fortunes and I couldn’t find cute enough ones on-line… I usually put the ball back in their park so to speak and pop some questions back at the hoods.
2. Gently roll out the pastry, not too thin though.
3. Cut the dough into circles.
4. Fold your paper strip in half and place it in the center of the circle. Then fold your dough circle in half.
5. Lightly pinch the corners together and squeeze it towards the middle. It should look like a little cross from the top down, with the paper pointing out the top.
6. Pop these on a baking tray and sprinkle lightly with castor sugar. Bake in a hot oven (about 400 degrees Celsius) for about 7 minutes, until they start to turn golden brown.
7. And you are done.