It is that time of year when everywhere is going heart mad and so today we joined the fray…
- Scrap Heart: Because everyone needs something pretty. Make a heart shape out of florist wire (it is soft and bendy), cut fabric scraps into strips, tie them onto your heart frame, the more the merrier.
- Bark Heart: Because everyone needs a little natural factual. Set my boys lose to carve some bark mulch from the garden.
- Patch Heart: Because we are so into patches right now. Follow the link to find out how we make our patches.
- Egg Heart: Because everyone needs breakfast. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to remove the middle of the bread and then pop an egg into the heart and fry it like a regular egg – just for fun – eggs in toast!!!
- Sweet Heart: Because everyone needs a little sweetness. Thread your sweeties onto a wire heart.
- Jelly Heart: Because everyone needs a bite-size treat. Make your jelly using half the recommended liquid then use a small cookie cutter to cut the hearts out and stack up different shades of jelly.
- Cookie Heart: Because everyone needs a bit of chocolate. Cream 1/2 a cup of butter and 1/2 a cup of caramel brown sugar and 1/2 a cup of sticky brown sugar together. Add an egg to the mixture. Beat in a cup of self-raising flour (plain flour + 1 teaspoon of baking powder if you don’t have any). Finally, tip in a 100g of good quality melted chocolate and beat the mixture. Bake at 180 degrees for five to ten minutes. YUM.
And in the spirit of Valentines here is a Valentines Round-Up for you:
- Se7en do Se7en Valentines… Se7en hearty crafts.
- A Valentines Party in Se7en Steps… Hearty Games, Hearty snacks… just a hearty party.
- Saturday Spot: Groot Constantia and a Hearty Hunt… Scroll down for our hearty hunt after a disastrous Valentines Day!!!
- Sunday Snippet: Se7en Valentine Bible Games… Quick and easy, zero preparation hearty games.
- Sunday Snippet: Best Relationship Books Ever By Shaunti Feldhahn… Because Valentines Day is all about loving!
That’s it – Have some hearty fun this weekend!!!
The next post is a Fabulous Friday Fun Link-up…
I popped this post onto the Works For Me Wednesday Site – go and have a look there for all sorts of tips on absolutely anything.