We have been virtually traveling…
One of us packed for a walk about:
We stamped our passports:
We grabbed our tickets (name the animal and you can travel):
And we went on a dash around the house looking for artifacts… we didn’t have a whole lot!!!
But we did have a whole heap of story books:
So we made some Boomerang Bookmarks:
Here are some boomerang links:
- How Boomerangs Work from How Stuff Works.
- Printable boomerang from Family Fun.
- Make a Paper Boomerang from WikiHow.
Then we had a Platypus Party with paper chains and balloons and an echidna cake:
And we tried out some Australian recipes:
And we sang some songs:
We read some travel books:
Which inspired some postcards:
We stayed away from the Great Barrier Reef this time… But next time… scuba gear!!!
We looked at some weird and wonderful animals and made an Emu:
Se7en Great Australian links for you:
- You just can’t beat Activity Village for free printables and fun and games and stuff!!! Awesome!!!
- A to Z Kids – lots and lots of great links: crafts, info, gamers. songs… the lot!!!
- This site has everything you can possibly think of for Australia fun with kids, from Kingdom Servants (VBS).
- This is a fabulous site for kids with crafts, recipes and animal goodies.
- Aboriginal Art Online – We found lots and lots of arty inspiration here.
- Printable Paper Australian Animals from the Power House Museum.
- Printable Aboriginal Face Masks – quick fun, from Making Friends.
And Australia has some awesome blogs… gotta love:
- Meet Me At Mikes – for pure eclectic fun!!!
- Whip Up – for all your crafty delights and inspiration.
- ProBlogger – for absolutely everything you need to know about blogging and totally readable.
- Growing Up Green – for some green craftiness and eye candy.
That’s us – If you have a great Australian Post or you are one of our readers in Australia, then today is the day to stop by and say hi. We would love to hear from you all… Link up your blog or comment, whichever is easiest… We are off to make dampers!!! And will check back in a couple of hours…
I popped this post onto the Works For Me Wednesday Site – go and have a look there for all sorts of tips on absolutely anything.