In our previous post I mentioned we were Virtually Traveling again and this week we have been in Australia. Well it just wouldn’t be right to visit Australia and not make Lamingtons – so here they are:
Let’s Meet the Players:
- One day old sponge cake.
- One bowl of chocolate icing.
- One bowl of desiccated coconut.
For the icing:
- A lump of butter.
- A slab of good chocolate.
- Icing sugar.
- A dash of boiling water.
Let’s Play The Game:
- Firstly you need a day old cake, and we made one of our “Quickest Easiest Cake in the World” Cakes. Then we chopped it into bite size chunks.
- Next we made the icing. Sorry there are no exact measurements, but that’s spontaneous cooking with kids for you!!! Melt the butter and chocolate together. Mix in your icing sugar to form quite a thick icing. Add a dash of boiling water to smooth out the lumps and thin out your icing so that it drips off the spoon.
- We filled a bowl with desiccated coconut.
- And then we were good to go: Set up a system… the cake, the icing, the coconut and a plate to place them on!!!
- Begin by dipping the cake into the chocolate. (If your cake is too fresh then it falls apart here and you get a yummy mess – you have been warned!!!) Completely cover the piece of cake in chocolate and then let the excess drip back.
- Once your cake is covered in chocolate dip it into the coconut. Roll the cake around in the coconut until it is completely covered in coconut. And place it on your plate. Just keep going till you run out of cake.
- And you are done. This is a great kiddable recipe and lots of fun for them to make… all you need to do is put the bowls in a row and let them go. When we make them with friends I just put the cake, icing and coconut outdoors and give each kid a fork and let them go. Stab, dunk, dip, munch… repeat.
Have fun… There is more Australia to come…
And, if you would like to enter this weeks GiveAway then follow the link to Games, Games and More Games and leave a comment!!!