Se7en’s Celebrities: Playing By the Book

July 12th, 2012 · 9 Comments

It is a tradition during the month of our Blogaversary to ask a couple of our favorite bloggers for a list of Se7en + 1 “anythings…” Things they love or things they loathe!!! Best books, best blogs, things you love about blogging, best outings, best ice-cream flavors, places to visit, best foods, fun traditions, habits, kid stuff you still enjoy, summer fun, winter fun, even se7en +1 favorite words – whatever they like…

And today our first post in this years series goes up:

playing_by_the_book

Playing by the book is all about children’s books. I’m always delighted to hear that people have discovered great books because of my blog. But where do I go to uncover great new reads? Fortunately I’m part of a wonderful community of book loving families and folk around the world and today I’m sharing 7+1 brilliant blogs which focus on children’s books. If you’re looking for fresh ideas about what to read with your kids I’m sure you’ll get inspiration here:

1. My Little Bookcase (Australia)
  2. Kids Indoors (Brazil)
  3. Perogies and Gyoza (Japan)
  4. Saffron Tree (India)
  5. Pictures Books in ELT (Portugal)
  6. Gathering Books (Singapore / Philippines / USA)
  7. Die schönsten Kinderbücher (Germany)
  8. And the se7en + 1th brilliant book sites…

9. We Read it Like This (Spain)

Thank you so much… Playing by the Book. We love your list of brilliant book sites!!!

If you would like to add a list of se7en + 1 of your favorite things… then go ahead and pop them into the comments below… can’t wait to see what all our readers come up with!!!

Tags: Blog Events · Home Truths

• 1 Zoe // Jul 12, 2012 at 9:49 am

Ah… I love all of these blogs, so it’s lovely to be able to give them a shout out! Thanks for letting me play here with you today.
    Zoe´s last blog post ..On being too busy having fun to do anything else

• 2 se7en // Jul 12, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Oh Zoe, I am so thrilled to have a list of so many fun new sites to visit!!! Thank you so much, I just love it!!! Great to have you join our celebration again!!! Have a fabulous day!!!

• 3 Marcia @ Organising Queen // Jul 12, 2012 at 9:34 pm

7 (plus 1) of our kids’ favourite books

Jonah
    Winnie the Pooh (feelings)
    Whatever is lovely
    3 little pigs
    Sleeping in a big bed
    Susie and Sam visit the dentist
    Susie and Sam visit the doctor
    Susie and Sam visit the zoo park

PS Susie and Sam look like twins which is why mine like them so much 🙂

• 4 se7en // Jul 13, 2012 at 12:26 am

Hay Marcia!!! Thanks for the list… Your kids are so adorable!!! I love their list of books, especially the twins” books!!! Have a great weekend!!!

• 5 katherine marie // Jul 13, 2012 at 4:19 am

thanks Playing by the BOOK! My new favorite kids book is WHEN YOU ARE HAPPY, by Eileen Spinelli!!!!

• 6 se7en // Jul 13, 2012 at 9:05 am

Oh Katherine Marie, If you guys like a book then it must be fabulous – off to check it out!!! Have a fun weekend!!!

• 7 Myra from GatheringBooks // Jul 16, 2012 at 6:26 am

Oh wow, thank you sooo much for the shout-out! I love your site too! 🙂

• 8 se7en // Jul 16, 2012 at 8:16 am

Hi Myra, Thank you so much fro commenting… I was so thrilled to meet a couple of fabulous new blog sites – we are so obviously book lovers!!! Hope you have the most fantastic week!!!

• 9 Se7en's Fabulous Friday Fun #131: - se7en // Jul 21, 2012 at 3:19 am