We used to eat this all the time when we were kids. The dessert we could all make ourselves and then invite a bunch of friends over for. Hold onto your health check and consider this to be a rare treat. My kids have been dying to make mud-pie for a while so here we are…
Let’s Meet The Players:
For the base you will need:
- A packet of tennis biscuits.
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
And for the filling:
- A cup of cream.
- A can of caramel.
- Some mint chocolate for the topping.
And Let’s Play the Game:
- You can smash your tennis biscuits with a rolling pin or you can pop them into the blender… to make biscuit crumbs.
- Pour the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs and mix together well.
- Pop the mixture into a pie dish and and make a pie-crust.
- Combine your caramel and cream together and beat away. If you can’t buy a can of caramel then you can make it by covering a can of condensed milk with water and boiling it in a pot for about 2.5 hours. You can find instructions over here.
- Beat until it is quite stiff.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Meanwhile grate your mint chocolate.
- And sprinkle on top of your pie.
And the Se7en + 1th Step…
Leave your mud-pie resting in the fridge until you are ready to serve it!!! My only advice is… make sure you have someone, or quite a few someone’s to share this with because once you start… there will be no leftovers!!!