It has been a while since we posted a recipe, But it is cold and wintry over here and our Celebrity Chef is in Action… He has been working on egg custards lately and his love for his collection of minty plants knows no bounds… So minty chocolate mousse it is… This is where you are headed, hope you enjoy it:
Let’s Meet the Players:
- 300ml double cream
- fresh mint leaves from the garden
- 125 ml milk
- 200g of good dark chocolate
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons of castor sugar
- A little cocoa for decorating
Lets Play the Game:
- While you chop your mint leaves, preheat your oven on 180 degrees celsius, (300 degrees fahrenheit).
- Put your cream into a pot with the chopped mint leaves and gently heat on the stove top. Just before it boils take it off the heat and leave it to stand while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat the milk gently in another small pot. Once the milk is heated take it off the stove top and add the chocolate. Gently stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Separate the eggs, put the yolks into a bowl. We keep the whites aside to make quick meringues another time.
- Add the sugar to the egg yolks and whisk until the mixture is pail.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture and the cream and stir together.
- Place your ramekins, or small cups into a roasting pan. The we strained the mixture as we poured it into the little dishes… no one wants to actually eat the mint leaves. Fill the roasting pan, to half way up the sides of the ramekins with warm water. And bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Once your desserts are baked, pop them into the fridge to cool. Just before serving decorate them with cocoa powder.
I know we did!!!
Hope you have a great day!!!