I said it was the fortnight of book GiveAways and really I just wasn’t kidding you!!! Here is a picture book that we recently received for review… and it is a book with a certain sweetness about it… and once we had read it… heaps of crafty activities to attach to this adorable little story came to mind. It is the tale of some colorful rabbits and how their colorful possessions get snatched away on a relentlessly windy day… The rabbits go fishing to retrieve their belongings. The story is all very soft and sweet and lovely and we have a copy of it to GiveAway to one of our readers!!!
The story cries out for fabric crafts… these sweet little rabbits exploring their pastelly world!!!
We couldn’t decide if we wanted to make kites…
We finally settled on hand warmers. Here you go… se7en steps to creating rabbit hand warmers:
- We began by drawing our rabbits on fabric.
- Then we cut out our rabbit, from two layers of fabric.
- Spent quite a while drawing in every detail!!!
- Got a big brother to do the ironing, according to directions on the fabric markers.
- Then got the mother person to do some quick stitching, leaving a little gap in the opening to fill them.
- Filled them with dried lentils… Here’s a tip: If you have to fill a small item with lots of lose pieces, then roll a piece of paper into a cone and make a funnel, it is so much easier than trying to squeeze little items into tiny spaces.
- Stitch the little opening closed and there you have a couple of hand warmers…
- If you pop these into the microwave for a minute or two at bedtime then they retain their heat for a little while. Perfect bedtime buddies!!!
And the se7en + 1th step:
Other books by Natalie Russell that contain her adorable rabbits are:
This GiveAway works in the usual way, we will give you a couple of days to comment, until the close of play on the 18 June 2012, We will draw and publish the winner on the 19 June 2012 I won’t respond to your comments as I do on our other posts because I don’t want to be included in our own giveaway.
Our GiveAways are open to everyone: If you have won a GiveAway before never fear – enter away. And all our GiveAways are World-Wide – so no excuse – leave a comment and enter away!!!
I received these books from Pan MacMillan South Africa in exchange for a review, they did not ask, or pay me to say such lovely things about their books – the opinions are entirely our own.!!!