Gotta say our evening ambles have become crisp and cold… and the only way to keep warm is to keep moving!!!
Just a month from now I am off to Zambia with GreenPop, I have the tickets, I have the passport… and I am good to go!!!
Lovely Links from This Week
- I absolutely had to link this post, read it and see, it is so so good: The blessings of being raised by a low maintenance mother, on Mom Explorers Michigan.
- Because we totally love Chilli Poppers…totally and A Beautiful Mess is Always full of good ideas!!!
- Oh Emma Bradshaw… and Gifford Circus, my youngest loves everything about the circus… wish we had an animal friendly circus over here… And while you are over on her site check out “30 Days of Wild” its very cool and totally doable!!!
- Everything, everything you ever wanted to know about Google Analytics, settle in and read away on BoostBlogTraffic.
- DK Books has a new website… click on Explore and have fun!!!
- A great post that all marketers and instagram lovers should read at the inspired Decor8.
- The story behind the road art on Rhodes Drive…
- A Blast From the Past:
And the se7en + 1th link:
Book of the Week
The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth, discovered in the library: Not often that I pop a teen read on our book of the week… but these books stopped my three older kids in their tracks this week. They inhaled them. A dystopian tale about a gal called Tris… and when society, even a perfectly ordered and “controlled” society, tries to fit its people into boxes… some people and their families just won’t fit. At the age of sixteen members of society “come of age” and are placed into their factions. While Tris elects to join the Dauntless, the society’s fearless soldiers, and trains towards her initiation, she releases that she has hidden talents that she must keep secret in order to stay alive. Tris out performs and out survives almost everyone. Luckily once you have read through five hundred-ish pages of book one you will still have book two and three (and yes there is even a fourth) of gripping survival… to read through. There is some romance, there is a whole lot more very intense survival… if you have a couple of teens looking for something to read then you may have arrived. Of course in the world of teen reads, everyone compares this series to the Hunger Games, don’t, they are completely different. The only thing they have in common is that they are dystopian, there is a strong female protagonist and they are quite unputdownable.
That’s us… Hope your weekend has been a fabulous one and we are so looking forward to another week of blogging with you all…