I have a lot of news to share with you all… so first my lovely links of the week and then scroll on down for Lots more Fabulous Fun…
Lovely Links from This Week
- Remember Styling You, who wrote the best post ever on how to be more confident in a swim suit, well she has done it again… everything you ever needed to know about running. EVERYTHING… Styling You and Why I thought learning to run at 50 would be a good idea.
- The sweetest blog post ever on Babyccino this week: A Family Yoga Sequence to Enjoy from the Comfort of Your Bed… so cute… and the Little Mouse, oh my heart!!!
- Writing inspiration of the best kind from Cressida Cowell on how to create your own fantasy world with the BookTrust.
- Don’t you love learning about famous artists… Joan Miró art lesson for children with free Printable on Nuture Store…
- Everything you ever needed to know about Salt Dough from Rainy Day Mum.
- Since we are talking about dough… Tinker Lab’s Best Homemade Playdough Recipe (Super Soft, Lasts for Months).
- And because we are glued to the Olympics…. dash over to Brave Writer’s Site and Download the Winter Olympics Activity Guide.
- Design Mom’s Favourite Valentines for Kids and Grownups…
Earlier this week I blogged about the Start Homeschooling Summit… this is a valuable resource for homeschoolers of all ages and stages…
I am going to be chatting about World Schooling from your Kitchen Table on Day 3 of the workshop… you can sign up to the whole workshop and watch it live for free (within the first 48 hours of the broadcast) or you can buy the entire bundle and watch it whenever you like, forever. Along with the workshops there are a number of ebooks and materials available to download… this is exactly the inspiration and encouragement that homeschooling moms need. Go ahead and take a look at what’s available over there.
Nature Club at Zeekoevlei This Week…
The Cape Town Environment Educational Trust (CTEET) is Changing Lives Through Nature and is a fabulous organisation that provides educational programmes and camps to children from Cape Town Communities… they are having a Wetlands Day Celebration aimed at homeschooling kids this week on Tuesday… the details are in the poster and here is a link to their website and their beautiful instagram feed.
Sport Science Competition
When you are the Healthy Weight Ambassador at the Sport Science Institute of South Africa then you might end up in a crazy video… and can I tell you about the fantastic and ongoing competition that SSISA is running right now. To launch their #theyeartobeyourpersonalbest campaign you have to check them out on instagram, take pictures, use the tag… and follow along like crazy!!!
Book Giving Day
It is very nearly Book Giving Day and we will be ready to bring you a new library project on the 14 February, look out for that post… because we can’t wait!!! If you want to take a peak at the previous Libraries we have created with our readers then take a peak at last year’s library… and previous year’s as well.