Can you believe that September is nearly over… Another week with a whole lot of new days to celebrate. And a new month is almost upon us, here are the calendars for October:
I had this idea that if I took a day off blogging and just chilled out with the kids that #8 would feel most welcome and leap out… No such luck and we continue to wait in anticipation for this little one, that doesn’t feel quite so little at the moment!!!
So here are this weeks links a day late, have fun!!!
- 28 September 2009: Tomato Proven Safe 1820.
- 28 September 2009: Caravaggio born (1573 – 1610)
- 29 September 2009: William the Conqueror invaded England in 1066.
- William the Conqueror Biography from kidsnet.au
- William the Conqueror biography from the BBC.
- Nice printables and project pages from Activity Village.
- The Norman Conquest from history for kids.
- More about William the Conqueror from kidspast.com
- A timeline from History on the Net.
- Great Kids Website from Onyourmarks.
- School Links and worksheets from schoolhistory.co.uk
- 29 September 2009: Scotland Yard formed (1829).
- 30 September 2009: International Translation Day.
- 1 October 2009: Homemade Cookies Day.
- 1 October 2009: Henry Ford Introduced the Model T (1908).
- 1 October 2009: Jimmy’s Carter Birthday (1924-).
- 2 October 2009: Peanuts First Published (1950).
- The Charles M. Schultz Museum.
- Daily Peanuts comic… from comics.com
- Everything you need to know about PPeanuts from Wikipedia.
- There must be an official site, I just can’t find it!!!
- 2 October 2009: Mohandas Ghandi’s Birthday (1869 – 1948)
- 3 October 2009: Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival.
- 3 October 2009: SOS Established in 1906.
- 3 October 2009: Richard I (The Lionheart) crowned King of England (1189) Westminster Abbey.
So if you are celebrating something this week or have blogged a celebration let us know in the comments… link or comment away.
That’s Us – Have a Great Week!!!