A couple of weeks ago I posted Basic Window Cookies in Se7en Steps. And I realize that this is the season that you need to know more…
Here is a quick recap of the recipe:
So now that you have a lump of cookie dough, let’s go:
- Strictly sprinkles: These are the easiest, roll your cookies, cut your cookies, place them on the tray… pop some sprinkles onto the cookies and gently push the sprinkles into the cookie.
We used 100’s and 1000’s, and sugar crystals. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 8 minutes.
- Wonderful Windows: Roll your dough out and use your cookie cutter into any shape you like. Place your cookies onto the tray and with a smaller cutter take out a central bit of dough.
Pop a boiled sweetie into the center and bake at 180 degrees celsius for about 8 minutes.
- Bits and Bobs:You can pop anything into your dough mixture. We used cranberries, but really any bits and pieces will do.
Roll your dough into a tube. Then pop your tube into some cling film and leave in the fridge for a couple of minutes to stiffen the dough.
Then slice your cookies into rings, and bake them for 180 degrees Celsius for about 8 minutes.
- Jumbly Jams: Roll the dough into small balls, make a dimple in each one with a teaspoon.
Drop a small spoon of jam into each dimple.
Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 8-10 minutes.
- Spiral Circles: Divide your dough into two. Color each lump with a dash of food coloring. We used red and green for Christmas colors.
Roll each ball of dough into a rectangle and carefully place the one rectangle on top of the other.
Cut the dough to fit and roll the dough up.
Pop the roll into the fridge for a few minutes so that the dough stiffens up a bit. Then slice the dough into whirls.
Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 8 minutes.
- Incredible Icing: Make your typical cookies, we used hearts for fun.
Then using plane butter icing and tube icing decorate to your heart’s content.
- Chunky Chocolate Creams: There would have to be a chocolate option! You need some cream and some chocolate, and of course your lump of cookie dough. Melt the chocolate carefully, and pop about a tablespoon of melted chocolate into the cookie mix. Mix it through, but not thoroughly – leave it a bit marbled.
Bake at about 180 degrees for 8 minutes. While the cookies cool – add an equal part of cream to your melted chocolate, and stir it through.
Get Baking Already. After two solid days of cookie baking we may be a little cookied out… But You All Have Fun!