We had a heap of carrots and no rabbits, but an eager hood #4 ready for a baking event! So carrot cake it had to be. This is what you are aiming for:
Let’s Meet The Players:
- 1 cup of butter.
- 2 cups of castor sugar.
- 2 cups of cake flour.
- 3 cups of grated carrot.
- 4 eggs.
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
- 1 teaspoom of baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- a tub of cream cheese.
- an equal amount of icing sugar.
- a drop or two of fresh lemon juice.
For the cake:
For the Cream Cheese Icing:
Let’s Play The Game:
- Grate those carrots.
- We used half a block of butter, which is a cup. First we cut it into blocks.
- Then popped it in the mixer with the castor sugar and creamed them together.
- Then we added in the eggs and creamed some more.
- Then in went the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cinnamon. And mix away….
- Finally toss in the carrots and mix one last bit…
- Put the mixture into loaf pans or baking pans, we used two 20cm/8inch pans. Pop them into a 180 degree Celsius/ 350 degree Fahrenheit oven and it is done when a skewer comes out clean. Our cakes were done in about 20 minutes and a loaf pan would be longer.
- And the 7+1 th step: The Cream Cheese Icing:
Take a pot of smooth cream cheese and add an equal amount of icing sugar a little bit at a time. Add the sugar, combine it well, add some more sugar and repeat until you are done. Add a drop or two of fresh lemon juice. You should end up with a yummy drippy icing…
And you are done. Thanks Hood #4!!!
That’s it!!! Bon Appetito…