During a moment of peaceful surfing over the Easter weekend I discovered that their is such a thing as Easter Pie and their is a sweet and savory version… Anyway we decided to make our own sweet version, and this is what we came up with – a baked cheese pie – Yummy!!!
Let’s Meet The Players:
- For the pie crust:
- A packet of filo pastry.
- And some melted butter.
- For the Filling:
- 1 cup of Castor Sugar.
- 4 Eggs
- A Dash of Vanilla Essence. (Not in the photograph – but I always forget something!!!)
- 2 Cups of Ricotta Cheese
Let’s Play The Game:
- Set up you pie base in your pie dish in the usual way for a filo pastry pie. Place a sheet of pastry in the dish and paint it with melted butter and repeat until you have a couple of buttered sheets and there is no trace of the pie dish.
- In your mixer bowl, measure your sugar and add your eggs.
- Beat them together until they are fluffy and light. Add your dash of vanilla essence, this is the same as vanilla extract.
- Add in your ricotta cheese.
- Mix the cheese into your filling.
- Add your mixture to your waiting pie shell. Trim any wild excess off the pie crust.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about half an hour or until your pie filling is set and just starting to brown.
Yum, yum you are done!!!
I have always wanted to make a baked cheese cake and thought they were so difficult!!! Well this was so easy I couldn’t believe it!!! Really it’s worth a try!!!