This seems to be a new spot for us and I will try to get them out on our Monday mornings… I don’t know where it’s been all this time but last week was our first!
Here is the list of monthly calendars that I posted in The Week That Was – 41
These are just a couple of things I thought might interest my kids – I know there are ten bazillion things we could choose from every day, but these are the ones that caught my eye!
I pop these on our calendar and mostly use them as ideas for our morning free writing session in our journals, unless the event calls for something bigger – a cake maybe, a puppet show, a crafty task!
20 April – Joan Miro’s Birthday:
This is one of my favorite artists, my grade 4 teacher stuck copies of his paintings up all over the classroom and I spent many happy hours daydreaming my way through them!
22 April – Earth Day:
- The Whole Wide World in Se7en Steps.
- As usual you can’t beat Kaboose for great activities and links galore.
- This site has some great links for things like endangered species, and hogbusters, for energy hogs!
- DLTK crafts are great as usual.
- And Planet Pals looked like it has lots of good links as well
22 April 2009 – Election Day in South Africa:
23 April – William Shakespeare’s Birthday:
- Se7en of the Best Shakespeare Goodies for Kids.
- Folger Shakespeare Library – heaps of fun stuff here!
- Shakespeare Games – Online or downloadable as pdf.
- Shakespeare Resources
- Shakespeare is Elementary This is a great site to see some kids work!
- Shakespeare for Kids This is from Squidoo and is full of homeschool resources… go there at your peril, you may never come back!
25 April – World Penguin Day:
- Here’s a “A Penguin Party in Se7en Steps” to give you some fun penguin games and crafty ideas!
- Kidzone – Penguin Page
- Emperor Penguin from National Geographic
- Kidskonnect have heaps of linkables.
- This is just a lot of fun!
That’s it for this week. Hope you have a good one!
And don’t forget to comment on our Giveaway!