So this week the Celebrity Chef whipped up some cheesy bites and let me tell you these just get absorbed by the surrounding crowds! Really! Also they are so quick and easy to make that you don’t need to be a chef to put them together. This is what you are aiming for:
Let’s Meet The Players:
I caught him in a chef joke: “Should he add chili? You know it’s good. He can chop it really small and he can surprise them all.” Very funny. Moving on…
- A packet of Puff pastry – that you have in your freezer!
- A block of cheese
- An egg
- Paprika (instead of chili).
No exact measurements because you are dealing with a professional here and there is a lot of hand waving!
Let’s Play The Game:
- Step 1: Put your oven onto exactly the middle heat to warm it up… in our oven that’s 200 degrees Celsius (about 400 degrees Fahrenheit). While you pop your pastry out onto the floured table surface.
Roll your dough out until it is a little thinner.
- Step 2: Cut your dough into circles.
- Step 3: Place the circles into a shallow muffin pan. Poke them in the center so that they form a little well.
- Step 4: Grate your cheese into a bowl.
- Step 5: Beat your egg in a cup, then fill the cup with milk.
- Step 6: Add the milky egg mixture to the cheese and mix away.
- Step 7: Spoon your cheesy mixture into your pastry cups.
Sprinkle with paprika.
Pop them into the oven for between five and ten minutes.
They are ready when they are bubbling and starting to brown.
And you are done.
With the amount of ingredients shown in the picture we made two trays of these.
9 Replies to “Celebrity Chef: Cheesy Bites in Se7en Steps…”
this celebrity chef is really a sweetie pie. i hope my kids will cook like him one day.he certainly makes his mum proud!!!
Hi S, It took a while to figure out just to let him go in the kitchen… Us mothers have to live and learn! Take care!!!