We are getting ready for a virtual traveling event of note… We will be needing maps and passports, baggage and a whole heap of paraphernalia… But possibly the most important thing we will be needing is an all-terrain vehicle.
We started with a brainstorm session:
- Would it need huge wheels for clambering over obstacles?
- Would it need wheels or sails?
- Would it need to fly or float?
- What sort of storage will it need?
- What about aerials and satellites?
- What sort of fuel would it use?
- What would it need for traveling at night?
Let’s Meet The Players:
- cut off pipe-cleaners
- colored toothpicks
- tin foil
- bottle caps
- cardboard off-cuts
- copious amounts of white glue
- tik tak (prestick)
And Play The Game:
This was a totally “free-to-be” project, no steps, no guidance – just fun.
Two hours of sticking and copious gluing and nattering away and se7en vehicles were done!
You would think that I used my time fruitfully and got two hours worth of housework done… but actually I spent my time far more wisely and spent two hours alongside them making my own vehicle!!!
14 Replies to “Se7en All Terrain Vehicles in a Matchbox…”
FABULOUS!!! I think we just might have a vehicle building day in our future!
Hi Jill, Great to meet you!!! I love open ended craftiness with my kids – it gives me a chance to play along too!!! These vehicles were really fun to make… Hope you have a great weekend!!!