Just last week I blogged about what we did this past summer and a couple of folk asked about the Visual Diary. Well, we started this year with the usual Bang, Whizz, Fizz of a family on the go… and I needed to a way to preserve our memories in a way we could all relate to. So many of our memories are tumbled together and forgotten. I really wanted something that had a little piece of everyone in it. And it couldn’t take hours of time to put together. This is what we came up with:
Let’s Meet The Players:
All we needed was a sketch book and some drawing materials:
Let’s Play The Game:
- Grab a photo of all the artists and stick it on the cover.
- Leave it lying on the dresser so that everyone can have a chance to drawer their memories…
- And draw!!! I purposefully kept it simple – just drawing and doodling and whatever… no fancy projects, no paints, no cutting and sticking… just simple drawing that everyone could do no matter how young or old they are.
That’s it!!! As easy as that and we have a book to remember our summer by. Here you go, Se7en peeps:
- A trip to the nursery:
- A day of nothing poking around at home… some folks rest is not quite as calm as others!!!!
- A marshmallow cook-out:
- A trip to the theatre:
- A garden frenzy:
- A family outing:
- Our drive to church past a policeman: Obviously deeply significant in the minds of some!!!
That’s us, summer in a sketch book!!! Hope you have a fun weekend!!!
We would love you to sign up for our Fabulous Friday Link-Up… Pop over and link away!!!