I know it is still 2014, but as you know we love a good cause and we love reading best of all… So International Book Giving Day falls on the 14 February every year and the 2015 event launches today. So I absolutely had to post this book news right here and right now…
World Book giving Day is an international event… every year on 14 February. The act of giving a book, is as easy as leaving a book on the bus for someone to find, or wrapping up a firm favourite and delivering it to a friend. I firmly believe that book by book we can create libraries for children all over the world, even in the most remote spots. Together with our readers we have been able to create a few libraries,over the years, just by asking our readers to contribute one or two books at a time. We have a fantastic following, always eager to join in…. and with their help we have managed to make a difference.
Here’s a peak at our previous Book Giving Day Projects:
2014 – A Library in Community Centre.
- Se7en Are Building Another Library.
- Can Your Best Book Friend Help Us Build a Library?
- It’s Library Week, Let’s Meet the Kids.
- World Book Day 2014 and a Community Library Delivered…
2013 – A Library for a Township Community
- World Book Giving Day is on the Way.
- World Book Giving Day and We Need Your Help to Build Another Library.
- Se7en Are Building a Library for a School Without Books.
- Se7en + 1 Are Really Building A Library Book By Book…
- Where Do Your Books Go: There Are Two Sides to Almost Every Town…
- Dear Readers of Se7en + 1: You Have Built This Library Book by Book.
2012 – A Library for a Rural Village in Lesotho
- Se7en Needs Your Help to Build a Dream… International Book Giving Day.
- Se7en Are Building a Library for Lesotho – an update…
- The Difference Between Home and Lesotho.
- Our Readers have built a Library for Lesotho book by book.
We so look forward to launching our 2015 project and just to inspire you, we have a number of very bookish posts to post over the next few days… Meanwhile, pop over to the International Book Giving Day site to Print out that cute poster… and keep up to date with the latest and greatest events all over the world.
6 Replies to “The Launch of International Book Giving Day for 2015…”
Wow – seeing all those photographs together shows how much has been achieved. That’s wonderful!!!!
Oh wow! You guys do wonderful work
I can’t wait to see what you guys do next year. How is it that it’s been nearly a year????
Hay Emma, Thanks so much for stopping by… I have to say that once it is all together in one place I realize that this is a project that we just can’t stop. We have learned so much from sharing books with others and we are so looking forward to seeing where our next project takes us!!! Thanks again and have a great day!!!
Oh Cat… that’s the great thing, we are really just the conduit for all the books and our readers do all the work. All those one and two book parcels from around the world really do add up to a heap of books very quickly. It has been such a life lesson for all of us to be part of this… hope you all have a fun weekend!!!
Honestly Marcia, how is it a year already? Already!!! I am looking forward to see what February brings in terms of our Book Giving Project!!! Hope you have a fun weekend!!!