So this is October, how did that happen!!! Another week with a whole lot of new days to celebrate. And a new month is almost upon us, here are the calendars for October:
We are still totally celebrating Hood #8…
So here are a couple of links for this week, but not a whole lot!!!
- 5 October 2009: Child Health Day
- 6 October 2009: Edison – First Motion Picture (1889).
- A couple of links from Kidskonnect.
- An easy bio for kids from kidcyber.
- I like all the links here from sciencenetlinks.
- This is a fabulous site: Edison Invents… from the Smithsonian. Trust me – go there… “How to make a lightbulb” and other cool stuff.
- Edison has his own page!
- The inventions of Thomas Edison from About.com
- 7 October 2009: Niels Bohrs Birthday (1885 – 1962)
- 8 October 2009: Great Fire of Chicago (1871)
- 9 October 2009: First Two Way Telephone Conversation
- 9 October 2009: Leif Ericson Day
- 9 October 2009: Mouldy Cheese Day
- We may have to make some mould on account of this!!!
- Moldy cheese day – Would you believe!
- From Zanyholidays.com
- 9 October 2009: World Post Day
- Se7en Revive the Art of Letter Writing.
- World Post Day from TimeandDate.com
- It’s Official from the Universal Postal Union!!!
- Let’s see how many of you are actually reading this!!! We will do a postcard swap on the 9th… We will let you know how it works then.
- 11 October 2009: Eleanor Roosevelt (1884 – 1962)
- 11 October 2009: Boer War Began
That’s us… If you are celebrating something fun, that would be of interest to home-schoolers around the world, then feel free to leave a comment!!!
13 Replies to “This Week (5 October) At Se7en…”
Just reading your note about postcards … when I was growing up, we had a tradition in our house that every time our family went on holiday, my siblings and I would each write a postcard and send it to our grandmother (we only had one grandparent sadly). The postcards sometimes arrived after we had returned home! I have started this tradition with my own two girls and the postcards are always well received! I believe in fostering the art of letter/postcard writing! Well done to you!
I’m reading, I’m reading 🙂
How about continuing in the tradition of
for postcard day? I thought this was such a cool idea.
Hay I, Are you back in town? We missed you!!!… I like your idea and I am processing a plan!!! Have a good day!