When I posted the contents of our cupboard last week a couple of you asked “So what do you eat?” Well I kept a food diary last week and here it is:
- Monday: Jamies raisin Scones
- Tuesday: Whole wheat toast and yogurt
- Wednesday: Oatmeal Porridge
- Thursday: Whole wheat toast and banana smoothies
- Friday: Oatmeal Porridge
- Saturday: Scrambled eggs on toast
- Sunday: Cornflakes
Anytime you like in the fridge Snack:
There is always a snack in the fridge, chopped and ready to eat. The day we get our vegi’s I clean, peel and bag our vegi’s good for the week ahead.
- Monday: carrot sticks
- Tuesday: Mango chunks
- Wednesday: Cucumber chunks
- Thursday: Baby tomato’s
- Friday: Grapes
- Saturday: Apple slices
- Sunday: Sliced peppers left over from pizza’s the night before.
- Monday: Air-popped Popcorn
- Tuesday: Raisins
- Wednesday: Biscuits
- Thursday: Air-popped Popcorn
- Friday: Crisps for a treat
- Saturday: Air-popped popcorn
- Sunday: Tea and biscuits.
- Monday: Whole wheat Pizza (just my regular pizza but I replace half the flour with whole wheat bread flour) topped with tomatoes and feta.
- Tuesday: Baked oven chips, cheesy garlic bread and fruit salad.
- Wednesday: Toasted cheese sandwiches and baked oven chips.
- Thursday: Make your sandwiches: tuna, cheese, lettuce and tomato.
- Friday: Whole wheat flat bread (pizza base) and tuna salad.
- Saturday: Whole wheat rolls (pizza dough cut into rolls) and stuffed with cheese and salad goodies.
- Sunday: Fresh bread with ham and salami and salad goodies to pick from.
Yes I do bake almost everyday, I didn’t realize it till I kept a list of what we were eating. Usually The Celebrity Chef bakes with me in the morning while the other guys do school and we eat the rewards for afternoon tea.
- Monday: Banana bread
- Tuesday: Traditional flapjacks
- Wednesday: Banana bread
- Thursday: Chocolate Brownies (less the nuts) – birthday treat
- Friday: Jamies Ginger Sponge Pudding – yummy, se7en thumbs up!
- Saturday: Chocolate Mousse – The next Celebrity Chef blog – it’s coming!!!
- Sunday: Air-popped pocorn
Supper we have the same rhythm from week to week. Less decision making at the end of the day means more time to play! The only thing that changes is the vegetables. Our vegetables vary from week to week they are local organic and seasonal. I make a list of the vegetables and the number of servings and then whichever Hood is having a turn to help with supper preparation gets to choose 2 vegetables, and we work our way down the list till the end of the week…
- Monday: Savory Rice: Rice with chopped up vegetables and bacon (this helps the fussy brigade eat an otherwise unpalatable meal). Followed by Jamies one cup pancakes.
- Tuesday: Fresh Pasta with finely chopped spinach and parmesan. Asparagus on the side.
- Wednesday: Grilled pork sausages and mashed potato’s Roast pumpkin.
- Thursday: Cheesy noodles: curly noodles smothered in mozzarella. Courgettes and asparagus. Banana custard.
- Friday: Omelette, couscous with thinly sliced spinach and feta. Butternut.
- Saturday: Pizza: with peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms
- Sunday: Potato wedges, roast chicken, squash and asparagus (again! but Hood #7 loves it!)
That’s it – they don’t require a massive amount of food yet (imagine se7en teenagers – that’s terrifying), most people assume that we eat their months groceries everyday – but no… 3/4 packet of pasta serves se7en, a cup of rice always means leftovers. And because I just repeat from week to week it isn’t too much work to whip up a meal. Sometime every week we try a new recipe or two and I swap bits of meals around a bit, so we don’t all die of boredom. The kids swap which nights they help so that they learn how to cook different things.
That’s it – that’s what se7en eat from week to week…