We have made ice-cream before on this blog and nearly all our birthday cakes are made from ice-cream, but what about this: Ice-cream in a ziplock bag? Believe it or not? This one sure has the WOW-Factor. I found it in Family Fun years ago and tried it with limited success (I didn’t use enough ice!) but then I watched this movie from instructables, and if you can get past the vegetable marketing, it gives a great demo.
Let’s Meet the Players:
You will need se7en things:
- 1 large ziplock bag
- 1 small ziplock bag
- 1 tub of cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 or two tablespoons of castor sugar
- Enough ice cubes to half full your large ziplock bag
- 1 cup of granular salt.
Let’s play the Game:
- Step 1: Mix together the cream, vanilla essence and castor sugar in a jug.
- Step 3: Fill your large ziplock with ice.
- Step 4: Add the salt to the ice.
- Step 5: Pop your small sealed bag of ice cream mixture into your large bag and seal the large bag too.
- Step 6: Now you are ready to shake, rattle and roll.
Some people come better prepared than others!
- Step 7: Between five and ten minutes of the great shake you will have some delicious soft serve. Which didn’t last long enough for a glamorous picture.
That’s it – Have Fun!