Swellendam is famous for being the town that folk just pass through… it also is a town where parking is free and there are no traffic lights, no red/amber/green stoplights at any intersection. Unique, I think so. Another interesting fact about Swellendam, is that there is accommodation everywhere… ranging from bed and breakfast to self catering, luxury to camping… and really everything in-between.
Swellendam Winter School Accommodation
Over the few days that the media team stayed in Swellemdam, a number of guest houses offered to host us for the duration of our stay… how magical is that.
Here is a list of the guest houses that welcomed us:
Se7en+1 Things I Loved About Cypress Cottage
- We were welcomed with The Very Best Coffee of my entire life… right there. Breakfast was beautiful, but the coffee was just next level…
- Stoep Goals… the most beautiful stoep ever… overlooking the most beautiful garden.
- I have wanted to sleep in an attic since I was a child… life goal achieved right there.
- I am not really a cushion gal, but my goodness these green cushions were absolutely perfect.
- Sweet little corners to read a book…
- And a pool to die for… and I never had time to swim in it, so I definitely have to go back there!!!
- The family there were so lovely and helpful and really went the extra mile, getting us where we had to be on time and making sure that we had absolutely everything we needed. Not to mention our chauffeur wore the most beautiful earrings!!!
- So much love, even the front door has a heart.
Accommodation in the Wilds
Apart from the accommodation in town there is also accommodation at the Kwetu Guest Wild-Life Farm that I blogged about yesterday. Another accommodation option is Umshanti, but that deserves a whole blog post. And then you are also surrounded by beautiful mountains, nature reserves and national parks. And they will also get their own blog posts over the next week… and I will link back to them as post them.
All the photographs from my stay at Cypress Cottage can be found by clicking the image below:
The Swellendam Winter School Series
- Swellendam Winter School – Put That on the Map
- A Visit to the Kwetu Guest Farm in Swellendam
- Accomodation in Swellendam and My Stay at Cypress Cottage
- Kos, Lekker Kos – A Swellwndam Winter School
- An Evening Cruise at Umshanti…
- Eating Out in Swellendam
- Our visit to the Zinc Gallery…
I would really like to thank the Swellendam Winter School and the Winter School Community for hosting myself and the media team for a wonderful couple of days. This is not a sponsored post, and the opinions expressed are as usual entirely my own.