Would you believe this: Our grubby faced pirate has reached eighteen months…
He is a man of slightly more than a couple of words. However, he is very good at communicating and has a myriad of signs he has made up. He has a lot of names to learn and has pretty much mastered them all, at least the intonation of all of them – you sure know who is calling!!! Very cute!!!
And these are a few of his favorite things…
- DOGS… anywhere and anyhow, in books, at the neighbors, anywhere, everywhere…
- Tossing balls, well anything really!!! But we try and keep it to bouncy balls!!!
- His towel – still!!!
- His pirates.
- His bike – for scooting about.
- His own drawer of treasures.
- His foot book, he loves being read to!!!
- His D (dad) and especially his dad’s ipad!!!
And a day in his life… is all about following the gang…
- 8:30 rise and shine… read and read and breakfast
- play – paint, scoot bike, unpack gloriously, draw… he loves arting – can’t think why!!!
- lunch and a couple of stories
- nap – still won’t sleep with his feet covered!!! Note to mother person get this boy some warm footless jammies for winter!!!
- play outdoors – swim, scoot bike, jump – jumping is the whole new thing!!!
- dash to gym – where he no longer plays kamakazi pilot in the baby ball pool… he thinks he is one of the big kids and will only play with the big kids!!!
- home to dinner and wild crazy end of the day play.
- bath, books, bed…
And his favorite past-times:
- Reading… he fits right in around here!!!
- Sorting… he likes things just so… packed up and neat and tidy – you have to have eight to get one of these!!!
- Tossing… anything with extreme accuracy.
- Climbing… everything and leaping off… the heady applause from all his siblings doesn’t help!!!
- Arting… school is going to be interesting because if he sees a pen then he assumes their is a project!!!
- Scooting… on his black bike – why use your feet when you have wheels.
- Eating… whatever is on his plate, just don’t offer to help him!!!
- Whatever anyone else is doing really, as long as nobody helps him – he is fierily independent!!!
And se7en things he has never heard about or bothered with:
- A cot – He sleeps snuggled in our bed.
- A special high chair – He sits on my knee at meal times – it’s pretty portable!!!
- Sippy cups and bottles – When he was thirsty we passed him a glass like everyone else and that was it!!!
- Baby food – We seem to be out of the fifty bananas a day phase and that was as close as he ever got to baby food.
- Baby toys – He never needed them and really missed the whole black and white mobile, and super tactile book phase. He likes the real thing and toys just don’t crack the nod.
- A long and complicated bed time routine – But the same every night, he was born into it… supper, shower, story, sheets…
- Toddler classes – No special music, gym, swim, ball classes he seems to be getting along fine and has his own crowd of friends – doesn’t need to go and find friends at extra-murals.
- Socks – he will not have anything on his feet – nothing at all!!!
Here are previous posts of his well documented life:
- Se7en + 1 is fifteen.
- Se7en + 1 = 1
- Se7en + 1 = 11
- Se7en + 1 = 10
- Se7en + 1 = 9
- Se7en + 1 = 8
- se7en + 1 = se7en.
- Se7en + 1 =6, really.
- Se7en + 1 = 5
- Se7en + 1 = 4
- se7en + 1 = 3 – A day in the life.
- Se7en + 1 = 6 weeks
- Se7en + 1 is a dreamer.
- How Se7en Became Se7en + 1 – Another homebirth story.
- Se7en hold Hood 8.
- Introducing Hood 7 + 1
- How Good is Your Math?