It’s New Year and back at work for so many of us. Yes, we have been having a bit of a break, but now I am back at my desk and writing. And so many friends have been asking for their calendar pages… I know we are a little late to the year, we have been having a bit of an internet break, as one does over the holidays.
Se7en’s Online Store
This year I intend to add one or two products to our store each month, let’s just see how that goes… but first The Brand New 2020 Calendar is available…
We have a brand new calendar, for 2020 in the store. The illustrated Calendar is available to buy, so that you can plan out your year, or you can wait for the monthly instalments to roll out month by month on the blog.
Meanwhile, it’s also time for A New Weather Tree and this year is a leap year… so I popped a new weather tree into our online store as well, one with a leap year leaf on it. If you don’t know about our weather tree, then take a look at a previous post to see how it’s done. We print ours out and then, always keeping it simple, we have green leaves for sunny days and blue leaves for rainy days… you can get as complicated as you like, some folk add temperature and cloud cover to their leaves as well… but for us simple is better. So far our tree has had green leaves all year… summer sunshine for the win!!! Here is an example of a completed weather tree:
Now let’s talk about…
Click on the calendar image, it will open in a new tab, print it using “landscape” and then colour it and fill in the days that you want to celebrate… pop it on the fridge and you are good to go. If you have holidays or ideas that you would like to add then please go ahead and comment, we would love to have our calendars packed to the brim!!!
- 1 January 1735: Paul Revere’s Birthday (1735 – 1818).
- 1 January 1752: Betsy Ross’s Birthday (1752 – 1836).
- 2 January: Cape Town Minstrel Carnival .
- 3 January 1892: J.R.R. Tolkein (1892 – 1973)
- 2-3 January : Perihelion Day.
- 4 January 1643: Isaac Newton (1643 – 1727).
- 4 January 1785: Jacob Grimm (1785 – 1863).
- 4 January 1809: Louis Braille (1809 – 1852).
- 4 January : National Trivia Day (U.S.A)
- 5 January 1896: X-ray Discovered (1896).
- 6 January : Dia De Reyes / Epiphany / Three Kings Day.
- Kings Day Crown Cake: We used our regular pizza dough and added a cup of castor sugar to the flour. When the dough was ready we rolled out in the shape of a large donut and left it to rise. Once it had risen we baked it on the oven at 180 degrees Celsius until a skewer came out of it clean. Once it had cooled we drizzled a paste of icing sugar and water over it and topped the icing with candies that looked like crown jewels. Quick, easy and done!!!
- What is Three Kings Day from Inside-Mexico.
- 6 January 1854: Sherlock Holmes Birthday (1854).
- 6 January 1412: Joan of Arc (1412 – 1431)
- 8 January : National Bubble Bath Day
- 8 January 1935: Elvis Presley (1935 – 1977)
- 8 January 1942: Stephen Hawkins (1942)
- 9 January 1913: Nixon’s Birthday (1913 – 1994 )
- 9 January: Coming of Age Day in Japan.
- 9 January: Clean Off Your Desk Day.
- 11 January 1922: First Diabetic Treated with Insulin.
- Spotting a Diabetic in trouble from Bits and Books.
- History of Insulin from How Stuff Works.
- All about insulin from diabetic lifestyle.com.
- Se7en Lunch Box Ideas for a Diabetic Husband.
- Se7en Tips About Low G.I. Diets…
- Se7en Million Marvelous Muffins – A Low G.I. Recipe…
- The Se7en C’s of Living With a Diabetic…
- 12 January 1737: John Hancock (1737 – 1793).
- 13 January 1935: Amelia Earhart Flew solo across the Pacific.
- 15 January: Hat Day (in the U.S.A.)
- 15 January 1929: Martin Luther King Jr birthday (1929 – 1968).
- 16 January: National Nothing Day in the U.S.A.
- 16 January : Poetry Break Day.
- 16 January 1932: Dian Fossey (1932 – 1985).
- 17 January 1706: Benjamin Franklin’s Birthday (1706 – 1790).
- 18 January 1910: Scott reaches the South Pole (1910)
- 18 January: Thesaurus Day (U.S.A.)
- 18 January 1882: A.A. Milne’s Birthday (1882 – 1956).
- 19 January 1839: Paul Cezanne’s Birthday (1839 – 1906).
- 20 January 1930: Edwin (Buzz) Aldrin’s Birthday (1930)
- 20 January: National Cheese Day (U.S.A)
- 20 January: Penguin Appreciation Day.
- 23 January: Chinese New Year
- 23 January: National Hand Writing Day (U.S.A.)
- 25 January 1759: Robert Burns Birthday (1759-1796).
- 25 January 1924: First Winter Olympics (1924) And this year’s Winter Olympics will from the 9-25 February…
- 26 January: Australia Day.
- 27 January 1756: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 – 1791)
- 27 January 1832: Lewis Carroll’s birthday (1832 – 1898).
- 27 January: Holocaust Memorial Day.
- 27 January: Chocolate Cake Day.
- 28 January 1912: Jackson Pollock (1912 – 1956).
- 29 January: Puzzle Day.
- 30 January 1882: Theodore Roosevelt (1882 – 1945).
- 31 January: Backwards Day.
- 31 January 1919: Jackie Robinson (1919 – 1972).
- 31 January 1797: Franz Schubert (1797 – 1828).